XL Bully Types and Exempt Dogs
Please read carefully
Good news! XL Bully Type dogs and other exempt breeds can continue to enjoy their freedom at Sammy's Field. There are, however, several conditions implemented by our insurance provider in accordance with DEFRA guidelines that must be strictly adhered to. Please see below.
1) The dog is registered with the Index of Exempted Dog (IED) and a copy of the life certificate can be obtained if required.
2) A copy of the public liability insurance is provided to us if required.
3) The dog handler ratio is 1:1 at all times.
4) The dog is neutered
5) The dog is micro-chipped
6) The dog is kept on a lead and muzzled until secure in the field with the last gate locked. Lead and muzzle must be used in the car park and holding area.
7) The lead and muzzle is put back on before leaving the field and entering the car park.
Please note, the field has no public rights of way.
If the household has more than one dog, they can come to the field together but the banned breed dog must have its own handler and then another member of the same household must be present for the other dogs. Each banned breed must have its own handler on a 1:1 ratio.
Households CANNOT mix.
Any questions, please do ask. Information is still coming out and we will update this page as and when necessary.